Thursday, June 20, 2013

About Me


Hello!  I am the writer of this blog and the creator of New to the Kitchen!  You will know me as Chef Jillian!  As you probably assumed, I love to cook!  I have been helping out in the kitchen for as long as I can remember.  I always loved helping my mom prepare meals.  Yes, my favorite part about helping was being able to be the taste tester!  Helping my mom is what got me into cooking.  Now that I am old enough to be left alone in the kitchen I find myself cooking all the time.  I have a couple favorite meals such as shrimp pasta, chicken parmesan, and clam chowder soup that I enjoy making all the time, but I also like trying new recipes whenever I can.  For those of you who know what Pinterest is, I could spend all day (and sometimes do) on Pinterest looking up new recipes to try.

When my sister and I went away to school I did most of the cooking because my sister did not know how to cook.   She was always asking what was for dinner and when dinner was going to be ready.  Now, like I said, I love to cook, but with school it wasn’t always easy for me to have meals made every night.  That is when I decided it was time to teach my sister how to cook.  She was a little iffy about it, but once she started looking for recipes to make she found she wanted to cook more and more.  I helped teach her the basics, and now we split the cooking!

After seeing how much learning to cook helped my sister, I thought it would be a good idea to teach other people how to cook.  I love cooking, but I've found that not everyone does simply because they don't know how to cook.  Learning the basics can make one feel more comfortable to be in the kitchen.

Hope you all enjoy reading my posts!

Chef Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment