Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Exploring Other's Blog


My goal as the writer of this blog and the creator of New to the Kitchen is to teach more people how to cook and not be afraid of the kitchen.  Recently I have found another person who has the same goal as I do.  Mandy is the writer of the blog Learn, Laugh, Cook.  Mandy’s blog is a great spot for new cooks. 

One thing I enjoy about Mandy’s blog is that she has a page for just about everything including her failures!  I think Mandy showing that she is not always successful in the kitchen is very important because even though she fails once in a while, she doesn’t let these failures keep her out of the kitchen.  Failures help you learn from your mistakes and trust me, not ever meal will be a success; you’ll just have to brush it off and laugh about your failure and move on.  Mandy also explains each step of the meal preparation and includes pictures.  Using pictures is a great thing to have especially for new cooks.  Knowing you should expect to see while cooking helps the cook know they are doing everything right.

One area I think Mandy could add to her blog would be a page about the different utensils she uses and why you should use these utensils.  When someone is new to cooking usually they have no idea what pots and pans and cookware they should use.  Using the correct cookware when preparing meals can help prevent f meal failure.

Below is a link to Mandy’s blog, Learn, Laugh, Cook.  Visit her blog and see what you can learn from her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment