Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Keeping the Pantry Full


Getting started in the kitchen can’t happen if you don’t have the ingredients.  I’ve noticed that many new cooks find a recipe and take that to the store with them and purchase all the ingredients at once.  The problem with this is you are only getting the ingredients for one meal.  This means you’ll be back at the store when you go to make your next meal.  This also means that the cost of the meal can be pretty pricy because you are buying everything at once.

            One think I hate is looking in the pantry or the fridge and noticing I have nothing to cook! I understand that it is pretty impossible to have every ingredient on hand when you decide to make a meal, but having a stock supply can help cut down on the number of visits to the grocery store and cut down on the price of all the ingredients.  If you keep your pantry stocked with common ingredients, you will find cooking a lot less stressful.

            I have found another blogger who’s goal is to teach people how to cook just like me.  Lexy, who is the writer of  U Can’t Cook: But I Can Teach You has a wonderful post about foods you should always have in your pantry.  Lexy explains how these ingredients are ones that you can use to make a variety of meals.

            Check out the link below to see a list of ingredients that everyone should have handy at all times.  Keeping these on hand will mean you will always have ingredients for a meal and you won’t have to resort to ordering a pizza instead.

U Can't Cook: But I can Teach You

No comments:

Post a Comment